There are treatments for many conditions, including all Sexually Transmitted Illness (STIs).
Work with your health care provider to get the correct treatment and management options.
- Most STIs are easily treated with medication and some can be managed but not cured.
- If STIs are not treated, you could have long term health problems.
- Some sexual health conditions may require medical interventions
- Treatments are usually a course of pills or tablets.
It is important to finish the full course of medications given to you.
- Don’t delay your care – get tested and treated today
Sexual Health Victoria –Sexual health care and education for everyone in Victoria and beyond.
Jean Hailles – A women’s health organisation that believe in physical and emotional health and wellbeing for all women in Australia throughout their lives.
Mary Stopes Australia – private health care provider
Youthcentral – Victorian information and links related to sexual health and relationships.
Royal Children’s Hospital – Young People’s Health Service: Sexual health services for young people aged 12-24 years based in Melbourne CBD
Raising Children: The Australian parenting website:
Victorian AIDS Council – VAC leads the fight against HIV/AIDS in Victoria by providing care and support for people living with HIV, health promotion, and advocacy.
PrEP facts – a tablet that taken once daily can stop you from getting HIV