Get a sexual health TEST for your safety and the safety of your partner/s.
Testing is usually quick and always confidential.
Looking after your sexual health is part of looking after your health and wellbeing.
- Not all sexual health issues or Sexually Transmitted Illness (STIs) show clear symptoms. The only way to know is to get TESTED.
- Being healthy and well while being sexually active involves getting regular sexual health TESTS
- If you are sexually active get an STIs test at least once a year.
- Getting regular STIs TESTING is key to taking the worry out of sex and feeling confident and well. STIs TESTING is safe and confidential.
- Before you start trying to get pregnant and start a family. Women can pass syphilis to their babies. during pregnancy and at birth (congenital syphilis). Congenital syphilis can cause miscarriage and stillbirth or result in serious birth abnormalities.
- To get a test you can go to a Sexual health clinics, GP clinics and community health centres provide sexual health services.
- Now more than ever it’s important to stay healthy, so take the time to get tested, especially if it’s been 12 months since your last sexual health check.
WHERE can I get advice, tested and treated?
Find a GP offering sexual health services in your local area HERE:
Find a STIs testing clinic in your local area HERE:
Confidential free service for rural & regional Victorians: TESTME
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre – a free, walk-in clinic that provides testing and treatment for sexually transmissible infections.