It’s important to TALK about sexual health to make sure you and your partner/s are HEALTHY. There is no shame to TALK about sex and sexual health.
Consent and communication are a prerequisite for good sexual health.
- Talking about sex and about your sexual health is important – TALK to your friends, your partner, your doctor, a health worker or anyone you feel comfortable talking to.
- You are not alone. Anybody can have sexual health issues or have Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).
- By talking about sex, sexual health, consent and STIs, it can help you know what steps you can take to have a healthy sex life.
- Communication is an important part of a healthy relationship and this includes your sexual wants, needs and concerns.
- Communication is a two-way street so listen to each other and keep talking.
- If in doubt, talk about it and get tested.
- Talk to your doctor, nurse or other health worker if you have any sexual health issues. Treatments are available.
- Talk to your doctor about what contraception is available to control your fertility.
Resources & Links
CEH Resource Hub – Sexual Health & Relationships Education SHARE: Comics and tips to help you start the conversation about sexual health, consent and STIs.
Let Them Know: Tell your sexual partner(s) that they might also be at risk.